A crowd is a large group of people gathered together in one place, typically for a particular purpose. Crowds can form for a variety of reasons, such as to protest, a celebration, music performances, sporting events, or simply to congregate in a public space.
How to avoid getting lost in a crowd
1. Wear a brightly colored item of clothing so you stand out.
2. Stay close to the edge of the crowd and avoid the center.
3. Bring a friend or family member with you.
4. Make sure you have your phone with you in case you get separated and need to call for help.
5. Have a plan in place of where and when you will meet up with your group or friends.
6. Familiarize yourself with your surroundings and the exits or entrances you can use to get out of the crowd.
7. Carry a whistle or other loud noise-making device so you can call for help if needed.
8. Don’t be afraid to speak up and ask for help if you feel lost.
How to hide in a crowd
1. Dress similarly to the people around you. Choose clothing that does not stand out in the crowd.
2. Avoid bright colors and patterns, stick to neutral tones instead.
3. Avoid eye contact with people and keep a low profile.
4. Blend in with the people around you by mimicking their movements and body language.
5. Move with the crowd and stay in the middle of the group.
6. Lower your head with the people around you.
7. Don’t draw attention to yourself by being loud or calling out to people.
8. Don’t draw attention to yourself by taking pictures or filming.
9. Stay close to walls and corners whenever possible.
10. Remain aware of your surroundings and be prepared to move quickly and quietly if needed.